A two-day journey - from discovering what assertiveness is, to modelling and practicing how to be assertive, to becoming assertive in situations where you need it.
This course is highly interactive, practical and yet supportive. It uses many different forms of learning to develop assertiveness skills and lift self-confidence to enable you to work more effectively.
This course provides practical guidance for anyone who needs to develop their assertiveness skills for a range of workplace situations. You will gain the tools and techniques to make requests assertively, say 'no' to unreasonable demands, proactively address problems in the workplace, and to boost your confidence and build your self-esteem.
At the end of this course, you will leave with a personal action plan identifying the key changes needed to be made, the skills to practise in order to build your self-esteem, build your self-confidence and improve your assertiveness techniques.
This two-day course includes plenty of time to practise and develop your skills. If you are looking for a one-day assertiveness course use this link.
If you want to become more effective at making requests of others, saying 'no' to unreasonable demands, or generally improving your level of assertiveness and increase your confidence and self-esteem then this course will give you the guidance you need.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Make requests assertively.
- Say 'no' to unreasonable requests or assertively agree a solution.
- Identify your own strengths and areas for development in terms of assertive behavior at work.
- Use your body language more effectively to support assertive communication.
- Use self-confidence building techniques to reduce negativity and increase self-esteem.
Understanding Assertive Behavior
- Defining assertiveness in the workplace
- Identify the link between assertiveness and work/life balance
- Identifying behaviors linked with assertiveness
- Introduction to assertiveness techniques to say 'no' and make requests
Recognisze the Link Between Assertiveness, Confidence and Self-esteem
- Distinguishing between assertive, aggressive and passive behavior
- Self-assessment of your style – the associated strengths and weaknesses
- Recognizing your own style and behaviors
- Techniques to build self-esteem and confidence
Handle Challenging Situations and People Confidently and Assertively
- Tackling barriers to assertiveness
- Confronting individual challenges which occur in the workplace
- Working proactively to prevent future challenges in the workplace
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
Assertiveness and Body Language
- Taking control through positive body language
- Responding appropriately to the body language of others in the workplace
- Using assertive and positive language – making your message clear
- Building rapport to maintain relationships
Planning Your Personal Strategy for Dealing with Assertive Behavior
- Developing a personal action plan for using the robust tools and techniques learned from the course to increase your assertiveness, self-esteem and self-confidence