During this two-day workshop we will help you to transform your presentation skills, adding greater control and confidence.
In a workshop environment you will plan, prepare, practice and deliver a number of presentations. Some will be recorded for you to view and you will be given feedback on how to enhance your approach and delivery. You will leave us with some tricks of the trade and increased confidence to enhance your delivery and engage any audience.
Suitable for individuals at all levels who are required to speak in front of others and wish to project a professional image and develop their skills and confidence.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Speak to groups with greater confidence and professionalism.
- Plan and prepare your presentations more effectively.
- Have the confidence to handle difficult topics and people.
- Focus attention on the key issues while gaining audience acceptance of your message.
- Keep your audience engaged with enthusiasm and clear communication.
- Use the correct visuals to keep interest and enhance your message.
- Interact with your audience, taking questions and feedback.
While planning, preparation and practice time is available on the course, you may wish to give some thought to the subject of your presentation you wish to practice. Perhaps one work related and one leisure related subject. Also please bring any information with you that you will need for your preparation or presentation.
- Meeting the needs of your audience
- Overcoming the barriers to successful group speaking
- Aims and objectives - focusing on the key issues
- Preparing your content and delivery notes
- Practising your delivery and timing
- Confidence and its effect on your audience
- Control your nerves and build confidence
- Relaxation techniques to ease anxiety
- An evaluation of your body language and image
- Positive language and appropriate gestures
- Sound interested, enthusiastic and professional when projecting your voice
- Connect and interact with your audience
- Top techniques for influence and credibility
- Use effective and appropriate visual aids
- Formulating a personal action plan