Are you managing a team of individuals from different countries, or different cultural backgrounds? While research shows that diversity on a team is highly beneficial to creativity, effectiveness, and bringing out the best in each team member, if you aren't comfortable working with and managing the various approaches, it can feel like you're working in a foreign land yourself. Cultural nuances around directness, formality, assertiveness, body language, and the like can lead to false assumptions about motivation and engagement, often resulting in decisions that further alienate. Performance can suffer, both individually and as a team.
This course is suitable for leaders in multinational organisations.
In this interactive session you'll:
- gain insight on cultural dimensions.
- know how to deal with culture diffenreces constructively.
- develop trustful working with and leading folks from different cultures.
- know the methode of inclusive leadership.
- support your team members and their interactions with less struggle.
- What is culture? Definitions and perceptions
- Dimensions of cultures
- Perceptions, generalisations and stereotypes
- Unconscius bias and how to over come them as a leader
- Dos and Don’ts in cross-cultural teams
How to create a team even with different cultures and being far away
- Phases of team building
- The role of trust
- Creating Interactive cooperation with the facilitation process
- How to increase the willingness of cooperation
- Main competencies in order to be successful as an intercultural team
- Cross-cultural communication styles
Leading Multicultural Teams
- Strategies for managing