This practical course will provide you and your organisation with an overview of the best practice skills required to exceed your customers’ expectations. You will leave the course with a personal action plan for delighting customers, both internal and external. You will also take away a practical customer service toolkit to help you implement the key skills and techniques from the course.
This is an introductory course for frontline staff, with little or no formal training, who are in direct contact with either internal or external customers, and are required to manage a range of customer expectations.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the key components to world-class customer experience and assess your strengths and challenges
- Manage customer expectations and demands effectively
- Illustrate how a change in your behaviour can increase customer loyalty
- Deliver a consistent first-class customer experience within a range of different situations
- Customer-centric focus; finding out what your customers want and need
- Putting customer needs first
- Making the customer feel special and valued
- The customer experience; what does 'customer excellence' really look like?
- The touchpoints of the customer journey
- Process (what) and behaviour (how)
- Understanding your personal impact; what impression do you create?
- Positive words, tone and body language
- Establishing rapport
- Identifying the customer's real problem(s)
- Asking the right questions
- Showing real empathy - ensuring the customer feels listened to
- Extremes of behaviour - aggressive, sociable, cautious
- Building personal resilience
- What to say or do - what not to say or do