This course helps to answer the age old question of “Where does all my time go?” It identifies how precious time is and gives you proven techniques to effectively protect and manage it.
Through practical exercises and examination of proven time management tools and techniques the course will give you the ability to plan and prioritize effectively.
This is a highly practical workshop which shows you how and where your time is lost and what impact that has on you and others.
This course is for busy people who want to be able to manage their time in the most effective way possible.Participants will need to identify what the key areas of work which they consider to be the most important to their role and the most urgent are, prior to attending the course (they may be one and the same or very different!).
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Regard time as a resource to be managed.
- Identify and focus on your objectives and key areas of responsibilities.
- Establish and overcome the causes of poor time management.
- Identify and deal with time stealers.
- Prioritize your tasks and the unexpected.
- Increase personal and team productivity to achieve a greater work/life balance.
- What do we mean by time management?
- Being able to recognize what good and poor time management is
- Defining what you are expected to achieve in your role
- Linking your objectives to key result areas
- Identify your responsibilities and priorities
- Being able to set goals and objectives for yourself
- Choosing your long-term goals and how they can help your planning
- Defining your personal time stealers and how to deal with them
Planning and Prioritizing
- Identifying key tips and techniques on how to prioritize your workload
- Using modern planning tools to optimum effect to develop proactive planning
- Controlling your emails
- Scheduling tools in Outlook
- Using your Smart Phone
- Identifying how to balance your focus and energies when managing your time
- How to use the key criteria for prioritizing
- Time management - practical application exercises
Making it Work
- Q & A session on other time management issues
- Practical exercise to review your time issues
- Creating a practical and personal action plan to implement back in the workplace
- Making a promise (using the network of participants to support you implementing your plan)