Enhance your existing negotiation skills when dealing with common issues in the workplace. Improve your self-confidence and understand the impact of your behaviors when negotiating one-to-one, one-to-groups and during multi-party negotiations.
Throughout the workshop you will participate in sessions, review with other delegates and work with the trainer to evaluate your own negotiation performance and how it can impact on others. You will develop strategies on how to identify other negotiation skills and how to motivate recipients to your outcome. Our focus will be on personal effectiveness in the negotiation arena and be grounded through detailed practice and feedback sessions.
This workshop is for both managers and those whose roles require higher level negotiation skills. It will help delegates enhance their basic negotiation skills to achieve a higher degree of success. If you are already involved in negotiations with customers, suppliers and colleagues both inside and outside your organization and want to broaden your skill-set then this course will offer you an insightful, safe and interactive platform in which to do this.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the most appropriate approach when negotiating across a range of issues and with a range of parties.
- Understand the importance of thorough planning and preparation when crafting your negotiations.
- Design a robust negotiation process that works for you.
- Understand the importance of your behavior when negotiating.
- Manage emotion and motivate towards a win-win outcome.
- Use the appropriate communication approach when negotiating up, across and down the organizational chart.
Developing Negotiation Behaviors – “You’re not trying to control the other person’s behavior. You’re trying to control your own.” William Ury, Author of Getting to Yes.
- Transactional, collaborative and creative negotiations
- Analyzing your personal communication style
- Flexing your communication style to motivate others towards a win-win outcome
- Building relationships and gaining cooperation from others
- Using non-verbal communication to build rapport to influence viewpoints
The Biology and Psychology of Stressful Negotiations
- The biology and psychology of the decision making process
- Identifying what behavior characteristics people adopt when in stressful situations and the impact on others
- Managing the problem not the person
Eight-Step Approach to Workplace Negotiations
- How to follow an easy to apply process that promotes confidence, gives structure and a professional approach
- How to adapt the process to the situation and climate
- Identifying value and assessing your strategy for risks
- How to motivate other parties and move towards a win-win outcome
Skills Practice and Case Studies
- Researched and developed case studies that allow learners to apply techniques
- Safe supportive skills practice using real life work-based situations