You will learn how to apply the GROW model to a coaching session and will practise some powerful questions to support individual development and help people to reach their full potential. You will receive feedback on your coaching style and your verbal and non-verbal communication and will leave with a personal action plan for implementing what you have learned for the benefit of your own and others’ development.
This session is suitable for anyone who leads, manages or supervises others and is responsible for their personal and professional development in the workplace.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain what coaching is and the ‘recipe’ for effective coaching
- Establish when coaching is the most appropriate method of development
- Describe the benefits of coaching in contrast to other development approaches
- Confidently conduct a coaching conversation, following the GROW model
- Apply active listening and questioning techniques to coaching
- Create a plan to develop your own coaching skills and use coaching to support the development of others