This virtual course will equip you with the tools and the confidence to approach online and offline networking in a more positive and purposeful way. You will start by setting your own networking goal, to help focus your activity and create a targeted plan of action. You will then cover the most important interpersonal elements of networking: making a positive introduction that is true to your personal brand, building rapport with new contacts, making small talk and remembering people’s names. Finally, you will look at how to use social platforms to target new contacts and create opportunities to expand your network.
This course is aimed at anyone who would like to become more confident and efficient at business networking.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- State the purpose and benefits of networking
- Overcome the barriers that may be holding you back
- Communicate in a manner that positively reflects your personal brand
- Develop a plan to expand your professional network
- Setting your personal networking goal
- Dispelling some common fears and misconceptions about networking
- Tips for making a great first impression, and quickly building rapport with people you don’t know
- Developing your personal brand to give others the perception that you want them to have about you
- Building your self-confidence and avoiding self-consciousness in social situations
- Identifying opportunities to build on and expand your existing network
- Making the best use of social networking platforms
- Planning how to target specific audiences and contacts